One World Trade Center – level 2
People destroyed the Twin Towers 13 years ago. Now, the new building called the One World Trade Center is finished. It is a 104-storey skyscraper.
About 170 employees of a company already are moving in. They will occupy floors 20 to 44. The publishing company owns The New Yorker, Vanity Fair and other magazines.
Another 3,000 people will move in in early 2015. The building cost 3.9 billion dollars to make. People planned to finish it by 2006, but there were some delays.
Difficult words: storey (floor), occupy (have a place of business), delay (when there is a delay, something is finished later than planned).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How do you like the new building?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.