Online Piracy – level 2
’Mulan’ is a Chinese story about a woman who dresses like a man because she wants to become a soldier. It is a very famous story, and last week, Disney+ came up with a new version of it.
Many Disney fans paid more than $30 dollars to watch the movie; however, some people did not want to pay so much money. These people tried to find other ways that they could search the movie.
They searched the pirate streaming sites, which offer some movies only days after they open in theatres. The quality of pirate streaming is sometimes very high; however, experts warn that pirate streaming sites could steal information about people who use them. Also, it is not easy to find these sites.
More people visit these sites during the coronavirus pandemic. Disney knows about the problem with online piracy, and the company already hired more people to stop it.
Difficult words: version (a copy of something that is somehow different to the original), pirate streaming site (a site that offers illegal copies of movies and TV shows), online piracy (when someone downloads and distributes music, movies or software illegally).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos