Orangutan in Florida – level 2
In Florida, an orangutan escaped from its enclosure in an animal theme park. People do not know how she escaped, but they are investigating it.
A person shot the 18-year-old animal with a gun that made her sleep, and then people put her back in her enclosure. While this happened, the park evacuated visitors.
The park later said that the safety of its guests, employees and animals is its number one priority.
Difficult words: escape (get out from somewhere), enclosure (an area for an animal to live inside), theme park (a large place that has many fun things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos