Orange Snow – level 1
Every winter, winds from Africa blow to Europe. The Sahara Desert is in Africa. It is a dry and hot place with a lot of sand. Winds bring the Sahara sand to Europe.
Last weekend, skies in southern Europe change color. They are orange. It is a beautiful sight. The winds are very strong this year. It is not usual.
The winds bring a lot of dust, too. It is a problem because the air gets dirty. Experts say that the dust is not dangerous for people. The pieces of dust are big. They cannot get to the lungs.
Skiers in the Swiss Alps are surprised. The snow is orange. They enjoy skiing in orange snow. The snow is not really orange. It is the Sahara dust. It is on top of the snow.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.