Pakistan cable car rescue – level 1
Eight people travel by cable car above a deep valley in Pakistan. There are six children among them They are going to school.
Suddenly, a cable breaks. People get stuck hundreds of meters above the ground. It is a dangerous situation. A helicopter and teams on the ground must help. They use a zip line. They take all people down. All people are safe now. But the rescue operation is difficult and risky.
People call the cable car Dolly. Dolly helps in the mountains. There are bad roads. People need the cable car. It carries not only people but also things.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges do rescuers face when responding to an emergency situation like a cable car malfunction hundreds of meters above the ground?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.