Palestinian Stories in Graffiti – level 2
In a city in Jordan, graffiti is on the walls of a refugee camp, and the artist narrates the story of the camp and of the lives of the people living there in his artwork.
He says that as a Palestinian artist, he ‘documents the Palestinian struggle’ and shows the ‘great crime against the Palestinian people’. He does his art in the streets so that children can remember the important beliefs from their country.
In addition to walls, the artist’s work is on display at a club, which is the heart of the camp.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.