Paris Agreement and Trump – level 3
Environmentalists are outraged, as Trump announced the US would withdraw out of the Paris Agreement, which is an agreement on dealing with greenhouse gas emissions mitigation.
Public figures, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Justin Trudeau and Hillary Clinton, took to twitter with the #Paris Agreement. Emmanuel Macron, Australia Greens Party Leader, and the Japanese Environment Minister made announcement in response to Trump, with the Japanese Minister saying that he is not only disappointed, but greatly angered.
In contrast, Americans in coal-mining regions of the USA are applauding Trump’s decision which protects their jobs as he promised.
Difficult words: outraged (angered, shocked), withdraw (leave; stop being a member or participant), mitigation (the action of reducing something), applaud (celebrate).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos