Paris and COVID pass – level 2
People in Paris, France, protested for the 9th weekend against the COVID pass system which the government introduced in July.
The new system means that whoever wants to go to a restaurant, cinema, shopping center, gym, or other public place, must show the COVID pass or a negative test. People get the COVID pass when they receive full COVID-19 vaccination. The government says that the pass will encourage more people to get vaccinations, and it is the only way to avoid another lockdown.
More than 250,000 protested on previous weekends. Some parents did not want to get their children vaccinated before the start of the school year. An 11-year-old boy in the city of Bordeaux protested with his father, and he said that he did not want to get the vaccine because he was not a laboratory rat.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.