Paris Deal – level 1
Our planet is getting warmer. People have a big impact on the earth’s temperature. Cars and factories make emissions. Emissions are dangerous gasses. These gasses keep the planet warm. It is bad for nature, animals, and people, too.
195 countries sign a deal in Paris, France, in 2015. The countries want to slow down the bad changes to our planet. They want to make no emissions by 2050.
Everything must change. Companies start to use new technologies. Countries want to get energy from the sun, wind, and water. This energy is clean.
It is not easy to keep the deal. It is possible that some countries will not be successful. It is still important to try. Many people believe that it is the right thing to do.
Difficult words: impact (a big change), temperature (how warm something is), technology (machines and skills that people use to make something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos