Parkour in Palestine – level 3
Some teens in Gaza City, Palestine, are doing parkour despite living in a warzone, with one of their obstacles being life under occupation. Doing parkour gives them a sense of freedom and escapism as they jump and flip in the rubble of buildings or in front of the smoke rising from places recently hit by bombs.
Difficult words: parkour (an activity similar to gymnastics but in urban areas), warzone (an area that has been hit by war), escapism (a way to avoid what is happening around you), rubble (pieces of something broken).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.