Parkour is Official in the UK – level 2
Parkour is a new sport. It is also known as freerunning. Sebastian Foucan founded this sport. You can see his skills in the James Bond movie “Casino Royale”.
Parkour is running, jumping over obstacles, or climbing over buildings and walls. It looks dangerous at times, but Foucan says that it is as safe as any sport. He compares it to rugby, wrestling, surfing or climbing – if you do not do the sport right, you can get hurt.
Parkour is now an official sport in the UK. The UK is the first country in the world to recognise it. This means that people can teach parkour in schools.
Difficult words: found (start), obstacle (something in your way), climb (go upwards).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.