Parkour is Official in the UK – level 3
Parkour, also known as freerunning, is a relatively new sport founded by Sebastian Foucan, who showed off his skills in the James Bond movie “Casino Royale”. Parkour is running, jumping over obstacles, or climbing over buildings and walls.
It is daring, breathtaking and at times terrifying, and now it is also an official sport in the UK, making the UK the first country in the world to recognise it. This means that people can teach parkour in schools.
Some people are worried about the sport being too dangerous, but the founder says that it is as safe as any sport, comparing to rugby, wrestling, surfing or climbing – if you do not do it in the right way, you can get hurt.
Difficult words: obstacle (something in your way), daring (fearless, unafraid).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.