Parrot Takes GoPro – level 3
In New Zealand, the Verheul family was hiking in the Kepler Track, a 60-kilometer hiking trail. They reached a hut to rest and camp, and they put their GoPro camera outside to film kea parrots when a kleptomaniac kea stole the camera.
The bird escaped while the airborne GoPro recorded the flight, and then it recorded the bird attacking it and stripping off pieces of plastic. The family followed the sounds, and the kea flew away when they approached. The son recovered the GoPro as it continued to record.
The kea is famous for being curious and mischievous. The parrot steals things from people to investigate them, such as wallets, jewelry, lunches, and windshield wipers.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.