Party and Police – level 1
On Wednesday, people have a street party in Brixton, London. People have a barbecue. People play music. They dance. The party is very calm. However, the party is not legal.
Local people call the police in the evening. Local people are not happy with the noise. The police come. Police officers try to stop the party. Police officers turn off the music. Many people go home.
However, some people get angry. They attack the police officers. They destroy the police cars. The situation is dangerous.
People injure twenty-two officers. Four people end up in a hospital. The police take four people to the police station. An attack on a police officer is a crime.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.