Penguin Migration – level 3
Punta Tombo, which is a long narrow peninsula on Argentina’s central coast, is home to the largest colony of Magellanic penguins in South America.
Each year, the penguins migrate north to Brazil. The Magellanic penguin is just 50 centimetres tall and it has a crescent of white feathers above its eyes.
Difficult words: peninsula (an island connected to land), crescent (the shape of a half-moon).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos