People Buy Bad Meat – level 1
Venezuela has big problems. The economic situation there is very bad. One city has no electricity for months. People cannot use their fridges. They cannot keep their food cold and fresh. Their meat goes bad.
Some people buy bad meat anyway. One shopper buys the meat. He plans to wash it with vinegar and lemon.
Difficult words: economic (how much money people have, what shops have, etc.), fridge (a machine which keeps your food cold), anyway (if you do something anyway, you do it even though it is a bad idea).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.