People do not sleep enough – level 2
Especially in big cities, people sleep less and less, and it has a big impact on their physical and mental health.
The COVID-19 pandemic caused people to sleep less and the quality of their sleep was worse. The reason was stress. Many people could not do the things which they normally did, so they got up and went to sleep at different times. This was not good because they needed routines in their lives.
When people do not sleep enough, they are at higher risk of some diseases such as heart disease or obesity. Less sleep also affects their mood and thinking. Another problem is that many people think that they have to sleep less so they can work more.
Difficult words: stress (great worry which comes when someone is in a difficult situation), routine (when a person does usual things at usual times), obesity (when a person is very fat, and it is dangerous for his health).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.