People Go Nuts for Nutella – level 2
A supermarket chain dropped the price of Nutella by 70%. A 950-gramme jar’s price dropped from 4.50 Euros to 1.41 Euros.
Nutella is a popular chocolate spread and the drop in price made some French people nuts. Police had to come break up fights over the product in supermarkets.
The maker of Nutella said that it was the supermarket chain that decided to drop the price.
Difficult words: chain (many small businesses of the same name and business), make nuts (make crazy for), decide (think about and make or do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos