People lose jobs in webinar – level 1
900 people do a webinar with their boss. These people work for a US mortgage company.
A mortgage company gives money to people or organizations who are buying a house or apartment. Later, the people or organizations return the money to the company.
The webinar is very short. The man says to his employees that they lose their jobs. All 900 people lose their jobs right away. They are very surprised. They do not think that this will happen. It is very bad news for them before Christmas.
Some people want to speak with the boss. It is not possible. Their company computers stop working.
Some employees say that the boss is not good to them. He does not care about them. In the past, he emails some people. In the email, he writes that they are slow and stupid.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.