People save a glacier – level 1
Swedish scientists do an experiment. They put a cloth on a glacier. The glacier is the Helags Glacier in the north of Sweden.
All glaciers in the world are melting. This happens because the planet is getting warmer. Scientists are thinking of ways on how to stop it.
They put a cloth on the top of the Helags Glacier in summer. The cloth stops the sun. It keeps the glacier cold. Scientists save at least 3.5 meters of ice. The ice does not melt.
The melting of glaciers is a serious problem. Scientists believe that more people know about the problem now.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.