People throw black pudding – level 2
The World Black Pudding Throwing Championship took place last Sunday in England. The contest is more than 100 years old and it is still quite popular.
Black pudding is a made of pig’s blood, fat and some intestines. One man at the event said that it is disgusting, and that the best thing to do with it, is to throw it away. And that’s exactly what they did!
The competitors had to stand on a golden grid block and try to hit the target. The winner was a 63 year-old man.
Difficult words: intestines (long tube in your body through which food passes after it leaves the stomach), disgusting (awful), grid (metal frame with bars across it).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try black pudding?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.