People walk through a village again – level 1
Aceredo is a village in Spain. It is near the border with Portugal. Life in the village stops in 1992.
Workers build a big dam on a river there. The name of the dam is Alto Lindoso. A dam is a big structure on a river. Workers build high walls. They stop the river. They make electricity there. The village goes underwater.
Now Spain and Portugal have a lot of problems with water. It rains very little. There is not enough water in dams.
Alto Lindoso loses its water. People can see the village again. They walk through its streets. Some people live in the village in the past. The moment is very special for them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.