Peruvian Dog Wedding Ceremonies – level 2
In Peru, dogs walked down the aisle just like at any other wedding. They even signed the registers with their inky paw prints! The ceremony also had balloons, confetti, guests, and wedding cakes.
The district gave the dog owners wedding certificates. One owner said that her dog played with another dog for more than a year and they fell in love. The owner said that she was very happy that they got married.
Difficult words: walk down the aisle (get married), paw (an animal’s ‘hand’), district (a local government/‘bosses’), owner (the person who owns/has something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos