Pet Food from Bugs – level 3
The company Nestle is putting something new on the menu for our four-legged friends.
This month, the Swiss giant is starting to make pet food from insects, and strong demand is expected from Eco-conscious customers. According to Nestle, bug-based food is more environmentally friendly, as it reduces dependence on conventional meat. Nestle’s Purina Beyond Nature’s Protein range comes in two flavors, with one featuring protein from black soldier fly larvae.
The market has been pioneered by smaller brands; however, the demand seems sufficient to make the products available at the Swiss chain Coop which already sells insect-based snacks and burgers for human consumption. Nestle said that this year’s events boosted demand because people spent more time at home. People bonded with their pets and they wanted to spoil them with pricier food.
Difficult words: Eco-conscious (the situation when you think about the environment), conventional (considered ordinary or normal), pioneer (to be the first one to use or apply something new), bond (to develop a strong relationship with someone).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos