Petrol Station in Ghana – level 2
Ghana experienced two days of torrential rain which caused a terrible accident. The water came into contact with petrol at a petrol station.
Water and petrol do not mix – the petrol flowed on the surface of the water. The water ran far from the petrol station to where there was an open fire. The fire went from there.
More than 90 people died in the explosion. At the time, most of the victims were in the petrol station forecourt because it was raining.
Difficult words: torrential rain (a very heavy rain), flow (to move), forecourt (an area in front of a petrol station).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.