Photographs of Princess Charlotte – level 3
Four new photographs of Princess Charlotte have been released to celebrate her first birthday on Monday. The pictures were taken by her mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, in April and were shared by Kensington Palace on Twitter this morning.
Princess Charlotte was born in London on the 2nd May, 2015, and since then her privacy has been closely guarded by her family. She hasn’t been seen in public since her christening in Sandringham last July, and has appeared in only a handful of photographs.
These new photos offer a rare and intimate snapshot of the young royal at home in Norfolk.
A spokeswoman for William and Kate said the Duke and Duchess are very happy to be able to share these important family moments and hope that everyone enjoys these lovely photos as much as they do.
Difficult word: intimate (close up).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.