Plane Crash in Ethiopia – level 1
Last year, a plane goes down. It happens in Malaysia. It is a Boeing 737 Max-8. It goes down shortly after take-off.
Now, another Boeing 737 Max-8 goes down. This time it is in Africa. It takes off in Ethiopia. It wants to fly to Kenya. It crashes 6 minutes after take-off. All 157 people on board die.
People do not why this happens. They are investigating. Forty countries stop all Boeings 737 Max-8.
Difficult words: take-off (taking off – getting in the air), on board (on the plane), investigate (to try to find out why something happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos