Plane Crash in Nepal – level 2
A plane crashed at Kathmandu airport in Nepal. The crash killed thirty-eight of the 71 passengers, injured 23, and caused 10 people to be missing.
The plane swerved repeatedly before it crashed near the runway. Emergency crews rushed to the scene to put out the fire on the plane and search for survivors.
The plane was operated by a Bangladeshi airline.
Difficult words: swerve (quickly change direction), repeatedly (many times), rush (hurry, come quickly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos