Plane crash in Russia – level 2
The pilot of a Russian fighter jet died in a crash outside Moscow. The SU-27 fighter jet was returning to its base at the time of the incident. It was not carrying weapons or ammunition.
The crash looked like the result of some kind of technical failure, and the Russian Air Force grounded its jets of the same type.
The pilot did not have time to eject because he used his final seconds to fly the aircraft away from a populated area. There is now an investigation into the incident.
Difficult words: ammunition (bullets), ground (tell to come back to ground), eject (get out).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.