Plane crash in Tokyo – level 1
This news is from Tokyo. It happens on Sunday in the morning. A plane takes off, but it flies only 500 metres. It crashes.
The plane crashes in a Tokyo suburb. It hits a house. A woman is in this house. She dies. Two men are in the plane. They die, too.
The crash injures two other people. Three houses and two cars get on fire.
Difficult words: take off (to go up), crash (to fall down and hit something), suburb (a city area where people have houses).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this plane crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos