Plane Crash Near Moscow – level 3
A plane flying from one of Moscow’s airports disappeared from radars shortly after departing. It was bound for Orsk, a city near Russia’s border with Kazakhstan.
The plane carrying 71 people crashed 40 kilometres from the airport, leaving no survivors. Witnesses said that the aircraft was in flames as it fell from the sky.
The country’s Investigative Committee said that all possible crash causes are being looked into.
Difficult words: disappear (stop being visible), departing (leaving), bound for (flying to).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos