Plane crashed in France – level 2
A plane which was flying from Barcelona to Düsseldorf crashed in the French Alps last Tuesday. Nobody survived of the 144 passengers and 6 crew on board.
Among the passengers were 16 school children and two teachers from a German school. It is also thought that two babies were on board the aeroplane.
The German airline says that it believes that the crash was an accident, but it is still working to establish the exact cause.
Difficult words: crew (a group of people who work on an aircraft), establish (to find out), cause (a reason).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It seems that many planes have crashed recently, doesn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos