Plane on fire – level 1
This news is about a plane. It is at the Las Vegas Airport. It wants to fly to London. It is a British Airways plane. It has a problem. Its left engine catches fire.
All 172 people must leave the plane. They go down emergency slides. This injures many people a little. Fourteen people go to hospital. Then, people stop the fire.
Difficult words: engine (the part which makes a car or plane move), emergency slides (you jump on this thing when you want to get out of a plane fast), injure (to get hurt).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident with this plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.