Plane Sinks – level 2
People sunk a Jordanian transporter plane to create new coral reefs. Before the ceremony, people rid the plane of all fuel and hazardous materials.
One Danish tourist said that there are already many great diving sites in Jordan but having a plane is ‘very good’. Hundreds of people watched the plane go down.
Difficult words: sink (make something go underwater), rid (clear, make free), hazardous (dangerous).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos