Planet Nine – level 2
Scientists have some new and exciting information. They found the ninth planet in the solar system. It is 10 times bigger than Earth and 20 times farther away from the sun than Earth.
However, scientists have not seen the planet yet. They only saw its influence on part of the solar system. They know that the planet is there; they just need to find it. If the planet is real, its orbit is very elliptical.
Difficult words: influence (power), orbit (the journey which a planet travels around something), elliptical (like an ellipse – a flat circle).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about new planet?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos