Planned Hospital Attack – level 2
US officials say that they prevented a terrorist attack against a hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. For months, they investigated a 36-year-old man who they believed was a violent extremist.
The man planned to cause an explosion at the hospital, and he wanted to kill a lot of people. He considered several places; however, he chose to attack a hospital because it is an important place that treats coronavirus patients.
On Tuesday, officials tried to arrest the man, who was armed at the time. They injured the man, and he died in hospital. Officials say that the man had racial, religious and anti-government motives.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.