Plastic Galapagos Islands – level 3
The world’s throwaway culture is slowly turning the Galapagos Islands into a plastic wasteland, as plastics from South America and the Pacific are littering the beaches of the archipelago with plastic bottles being the most common item.
Local experts are currently looking into the effects that the plastics have on marine life.
The islands are full of endemic species and people will not hopefully allow the place to be littered with waste.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.