Plastics in the Black Sea – level 2
The Black Sea is located between Eastern Europe and Western Asia. Plastic waste pollutes it, and around 3 tons of the waste flow into the sea every day.
The situation is so bad that surfers sometimes have to go around the plastics to surf. To change things for the better, two Bulgarian windsurfers are running a campaign. Its name is ‘WIND2WIN’, and hopefully, more people will know about this problem.
Another surfer said the people need to start thinking about recycling. They need to start using reusable products, not single-use plastics. Also, the country’s government should help with the problem.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.