Poland is afraid of Russia – level 1
Poland, Germany, and the Netherlands make a deal. They help each other move soldiers quickly in Europe.
They do this because Russia worries Poland. The deal helps Ukraine and NATO. Poland says that moving soldiers fast is very important. It is because of the war in Ukraine. The Dutch Ambassador thinks this is very important for big challenges. Nobody knows what can happen in the future.
The deal helps Poland. The country needs to be safe. It needs to be strong in the EU after a change in the government.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What reasons do Poland, Germany, and the Netherlands have for making this deal? How does it benefit both Poland and its neighboring countries?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.