Police car is hit – level 1
Somebody steals cars and expensive things in England. These things are worth £500,000. The police want to find this person.
They release a video. It shows a police motorcycle. A car hits this motorcycle. Then, another car hits a police car. The same person probably drives the two cars.
Difficult words: be worth (have value in money), to be wanted (the police want to catch a person), release (show to people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.