Police Catch a Chihuahua – level 3
A 4.5-kilogram Chihuahua gave the California Highway Patrol a run for its money as it ran along Bay Bridge. This is the bridge that connects Oakland and San Francisco.
People had made reports of a dog running in the eastbound lanes of the bridge, so police officers on motorcycles made sure the dog was safe. Eventually, they were able to corner the dog and take it to safety.
They nicknamed the Chihuahua ‘Ponch’ after the character on the old TV show ‘CHiPs’ and are appealing to anyone with information to get in contact.
Difficult words: give somebody a run for his or her money (to compete very well against someone), corner (verb) (trap and catch), appeal (request, ask).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos