Police chase a car in Arizona – level 2
Police in Arizona were chasing a car. The chase reached speeds of up to 100 miles per hour (161 kph) on one of the state’s highways.
The police car had a dashboard camera which captured the incident. In the video, you can see that the men in the car threw out bales of marijuana. In the end, police forced the car to stop. The criminals tried to run away on foot but police caught them.
Later, police found around 374 pounds (170 kilograms) of marijuana on the road. They later discovered a house with more of the drug.
Difficult words: chase (to follow somebody to catch them), dashboard (the flat area in front of the driver), bale (a block of something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos