Police Find Guns – level 2
Spanish police found a warehouse full of weapons and explosives. The warehouse was in the city of Zamora, near the border with Portugal. The international police operation started in September 2019, and Spanish police arrested three people.
International police fight against the illegal trade with weapons and other military equipment. Illegal trade with weapons is very dangerous because it supports civil wars and crime. It supports terrorist groups, too, and it can be dangerous for the western world.
In Zamora, the police found different kinds of weapons, such as rifles and machine guns. Authorities called a special police unit that deactivated the explosives.
Difficult words: explosive (something that makes a big bang and kills a lot of people), rifle (a long gun that a person fires from the shoulder), machine gun (a gun that fires many times very quickly), deactivate (to make something not active or effective)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos