Police Have New Information – level 3
Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of May 3, 2007, shortly before her fourth birthday. The incident happened in a holiday apartment at a resort in the Algarve region, Portugal.
Madeleine and her two-year old twin siblings had been left asleep, while her parents dined with friends in a restaurant 180 feet away. The parents checked on the children throughout the evening, until their mother discovered that Madeleine was missing at 10 pm.
A new person has been identified as a suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine. The police have not named the man; however, they revealed that he was a 43-year-old German man who lived on the Algarve coast at the time of Madeleine´s disappearance.
A phone call was made to his Portuguese mobile phone around an hour before Madeleine went missing. The police said that the suspect was linked to a white camper van that he was driving in the area days before the incident took place.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.