Pope Francis Gives Lunch to the Poor – level 3
Pope Francis came to a lunch for 1,200 impoverished people at a Vatican auditorium, as the lunch was part of the Catholic Church’s first World Day for the Poor. The lunch was veal, gnochetti sardipasta and dessert.
Guests from Rome and Europe had been at a mass at St Peter’s Basilica. Pope Francis said at the mass that helping the poor is a ‘passport to paradise’.
Difficult words: impoverished (poor), veal (meat of a young calf/cow), gnochetti sardi pasta (a type of small pasta), basilica (a type of Catholic church), paradise (Heaven).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos