Prince Harry gets a kiss – level 2
Ten years ago, Prince Harry joined the armed forces of England and went twice to Afghanistan. Now, he has been in Australia for a month on an exchange program with the Australian army. He is almost at the end of his trip, and something interesting and intimate happened to him.
He met people at a harbour and a young woman asked to marry him. When he told her that he had to think about it, she asked if she could kiss him. He said yes and right after she kissed him on the cheek, she kissed him on the mouth!
Difficult words: exchange program (when you go abroad) intimate (when people get very close together), harbour (a safe place for boats).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the kiss?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos