Prince Harry in Africa – level 2
Prince Harry is following in his mother’s footsteps by helping others. His mother was Princess Diana. He feels lucky to use his position and name to make a difference.
In a documentary, he talked about how Africa changed his life when he went to Botswana in 1997. This was also the year when his mother died.
In Lesotho, Prince Harry co-founded a charity. The charity helps young people who have AIDS. He explains that young people need medication, education, and support.
Difficult words: make a difference (make something better), co-found (start an organisation with someone), support (assistance, help).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos