Printed House – level 3
Most homes are built block by block or brick by brick. However, a demo house in Calverton, New York, US, was constructed scan by scan with walls made using a giant 3D printer.
The house is 180 square meters with a total print time of 48 hours. After the concrete was set up and dry enough, the truss roof system was installed, and then, the interior was finished.
The company is building a near-identical home which is on the market for 299,000 dollars, and the feedback that they get is both positive and negative. According to the company’s director, people are simply unprepared for how construction of homes is going to change. Younger people know 3D printing and it’s a great thing for them. However, some older tradesmen and gentlemen in the field don’t know what 3D printing is and how a house can be made on a 3D printer.
3D printing is a viable way to build because concrete is used which is abundant and used every day all over the world.
Difficult words: demo (something that is made to show how something works or how it is done), truss (a framework that supports a roof, bridge, or other structure), viable (capable of existing), abundant (something that exists in large amounts).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.