Prison Break in the USA – level 3
Three prisoners filmed their escape from the maximum-security wing of a jail in the USA in 2016 by using a mobile phone that someone smuggled into the facility. The footage shows them crawling through an air vent and using bedding to aid their escape. The prisoners also cut through four layers of steel grating to escape from the California prison.
Police eventually caught the inmates after a week-long manhunt.
Difficult words: wing (a large area of a building), aid (help), grating (bars), inmate (a prisoner), manhunt (a search for a person or people).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos