Prisoners Save a Guard – level 2
In Texas, USA, some prisoners did a very surprising thing. When they saw their guard collapse outside their cell, they broke out not to run away but to help him.
They called for help and when no one came, they used his radio to call for other guards at the court.
The other guards showed up and put the prisoners back into their cell. The others tried CPR and then called for paramedics. The guard ended up surviving, and people are now crediting these prisoners for their quick actions.
Difficult words: collapse (fall down from a problem), paramedic (a person who tries to save a life before that person goes to hospital), CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation – stimulating the heart and breathing inside the body to help the person), credit (say someone did something good).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been in prison?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.